I simply had to read Hillary Clinton’s new book, What Happened. Here’s 6 reasons I really liked it (by the way, I might have called the book, KEEP GOING!):
1) She’s not running for office anymore, so I felt she was more relatable and authentic.
2) I loved the chapter where she simply gives us all the the details of what a typical day for her is like, including what she reads, eats, drinks, meditates on, breathing exercises, kisses for Bill, and beauty regimen.
3) She’s super well read, and I loved all the references to great books and poems sprinkled throughout.
4) The details about the campaign were pretty illuminating.
5) This book is really a call to action for young women not to give up.
6) Some of my favorite quotations:
-“It is hard to be a woman. You must think like a man, act like a lady, look like a young girl, and work like horse.”
-“You can’t please everybody, so you may as well wear what works for you.”
-“The most obvious realities are often the ones that are the hardest to see and talk about.”
-“Dare to compete!”
-“Never doubt that you are valuable and powerful and deserving of every chance in the world to pursue your dreams.”