Lead, Sell, Inspire…Through the Power of Strategic Storytelling
Harness the irresistible power of strategic storytelling, your greatest secret weapon to grab attention, influence others, and inspire people to action. Storytelling is the most persuasive and readily available tool for capturing and maintaining attention in the 21 C. marketplace. This is true for individuals, non-profits, small businesses, and major corporations. Everyone has the ability to tell stories, and Jenny can teach you how. Fast track your organization from good to great…one story at a time.
- Learn the science behind why people are attracted to and respond to stories
- Understand how stories speak to us in ways that numbers, data, and powerpoint presentations cannot
- Capitalize on the fact that stories are remembered far longer than facts
- Leverage stories to provide context–a more relatable and life-like framework
- Learn to pivot traditional marketing strategies with stories
- Discover the 3-part formula for effective storytelling
- Avoid these common storytelling mistakes
- Recognize that everyone has stories to tell and how to mine your life for yours
Best Practices for Virtual Communication
Videoconferences are here to stay. In this training or webinar, Jenny shares the best tips and strategies to be a more engaging virtual presenter and participant by recognizing the communication challenges of videoconferences and how to overcome them.
- Be your authentic self in a more purposeful way
- Know the rules of effective virtual communication and when to break them
- Create engaging and varied content
- Leverage technology to encourage audience participation and feedback
How to Be Authentic, Credible, and Persuasive in Any Speaking Situation
In her power-packed public speaking trainings, Jenny demonstrates how every person has the potential to be an effective and inspiring speaker in any size setting. Jenny will teach you to harness the strategies and skills of effective communication–one tiny tip at a time.
- Find YOUR Voice
- Know the Rules and When to Break Them
- Design Your Talk With the Audience in Mind
- Leverage the Power of Strategic Storytelling
Getting Their Point While Making Yours: Mastering the Art of Conversation
We all want to engage in meaningful conversations, to have thought-provoking exchanges of ideas with others on pleasant and challenging topics, but it isn’t always easy. How often have you wanted to speak up but were afraid of saying the wrong thing? Or maybe you avoided talking with someone else because it seemed like a hassle, or you thought it could get ugly, or you just knew how it was going to turn out? Now, more than ever, we need to talk to one another. In this interactive presentation, Jenny shares the best tools and techniques for the art of conversation: how we can invite others to share ideas, and how we in turn can be authentic, interesting, and persuasive. Gathering and interacting with those in our social circles and broader community is the most interesting way to live and learn. Jenny shows you how.
- The Power of Face to Face Communication
- How to Navigate Difficult Conversations
- Back-Pocket Techniques
- Responsive Listening
- The Role of Civility
The Most Important Story You Will Ever Tell Is The Story You Tell Yourself (can be tailored to fit your audience)
Stories have the ability to inspire and change lives.
But there can be a dark side to storytelling, too. Those stories we tell ourselves that keep us from being the person we really want to be or from doing the things we truly want to do, both personally and professionally.
How often have you said to yourself, “I’ll do that when I’m skinnier, better prepared, more creative, smarter, have more time?” “What will people think?” “Who am I to put my ideas out into the world?” “I can change to fit in.” “No one can find out about….”
In this motivational presentation (or staff training), Jenny Riddle shares inspiring stories, relevant books, and practical tools and strategies to inspire you to write the most important story you will ever tell, the story you tell yourself.
- Let Go of Perfectionism
- Normalize Failure
- Focus on Process Over Outcome
- Grow Bigger With Age, Not Bitter
- Celebrate You
- You’re Never Too Old To Follow Your Dreams
List of books from this talk:
Find a Way by Diana Nyad
The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown
The Power of Moments by Chip and Dan Heath
Help Me by Marianne Power
A Life In Parts by Bryan Cranston
Presence by Amy Cuddy
When Things Fall Apart by Pema Chodron
Brave, Not Perfect by Reshma Saujani
Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed
The Fiddler in the Subway by Gene Weingarten
If You Lived Here You’d Be Home by Now by Christopher Ingraham
Women Rowing North by Mary Pipher
I Feel Bad About My Neck by Nora Ephron
For more information, email Jenny at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 630-707-7801